Peter Reckell as Bo Brady
|Days of our Lives|
(1983–1987, 1990–1992, 1995–present)
|First appearance||May 3, 1983|
|Date of birth||November 9, 1963|
Beauregard Aurelius "Bo" Brady is a fictional character on the NBC Soap Opera, Days of Our Lives, the youngest of the series' Brady family. Created under hear-writer, Margaret DePriest, the role was originates by actor Peter Reckell on May 2, 1983.  Reckell left the show alongside Kristian Alfonso who played Bo's wife Hope Williams Brady on April 20, 1987. Reckell would return from April 19, 1990, to January 17, 1992. Robert Kelker-Kelly stepped into the role from March 13, 1992, to July 24, 1995. Reckell returned to portray Bo on August 1, 1995. In June 2012, after much speculation, it was confirmed that Reckell would once again exit the soap. Reckell filmed his final scenes for Days of our Lives on July 24, 2012, last airing on October 30. It was announced on March 18, 2015, that Reckell has inked a deal to return for the show's fiftieth anniversary, airing on August 28, 2015.
Peter Reckell originated the role of Bo Brady on May 3, 1983 as a contract series regular. Reckell and co-star Kristian Alfonso (Hope) departed from the series on April 20, 1987. Reckell returns to the role on April 19, 1990. Reckell left the series on January 17, 1992 leaving the role to be recast on March 13, 1992 by Robert Kelker-Kelly. Kelly last appeared in the role of Bo on July 24, 1995  allowing Reckell to return on August 1, 1995. In 2009, Peter Reckell earned a nomination for the Outstanding Lead Actor in a daytime drama for his portrayal of Bo.
Background & Characterization
Bo Brady is the love child of Caroline Brady and her former lover, crime lord, Victor Kiriakis; however he was raised by his step-father, Shawn Brady. The character, created by then head writer Margaret DePriest, road into Salem on his motorcycle in May 1983. Sporting a beard, and leather jacket, Bo wasn't was not the typical soap opera hunk. However, the rugged rebel would go on to become one of the most popular anti-hero's in the shows history.
Bo was born on November 9, 1962, changed to November 5, and is the only son of Caroline Brady (Peggy McCay) and Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston). However, Bo is raised as the youngest child of Caroline and her husband Shawn Brady (Frank Parker) until his paternity reveal in 1985. Bo returns to Salem in 1983 and marries Hope Williams (Kristian Alfonso) shortly after. The couple later welcomes their son, Shawn-Douglas Brady. Bo later becomes a detective at the Salem Police Department. In 2000, Bo and Hope welcome another son, Zack. During the Salem Stalker storyline, Bo loses his mother and older brother Roman (Josh Taylor). He rejoins the police force to help solve the case and is forced to arrest his former sister-in-law, Dr. Marlena Evans (Deidre Hall). Fortunately, all the victims are discovered on a mysterious island and Bo is on the rescue team. He is also reunited with his ex-wife, Billie Reed (Julie Pinson). On New Year's Day in 2006, Zack is hit by a car driven by Bo and Billie's daughter, Chelsea (Rachel Melvin). To protect Chelsea, Bo hides the truth believing it would destroy his family. In 2008, Chelsea saves Bo's life by donating part of her pancreas when his begins failing. Bo suffers a concussion and temporarily experiences psychic visions. In 2012, Bo quits the force after budget cuts and accompanies Caroline to California for Alzheimer's treatment. Caroline eventually returns, but Bo decides to go sailing as it is a life long dream of his. Hope and their daughter go sailing with him for a brief vacation however all the boat scenes only include Hope and Ciara in the cabin by themselves.
In late 2013-early 2014, Hope reveals that Bo went to Europe to continue investigating the DiMeras on his own. However, as time went on and his investigation took on a wider scope (ostensibly as part of a larger ISA mission), so did his absence from home . . . and Hope.
In March 2014, John Black delivered a message to Hope that Bo's investigation had branched off into a larger, more powerful, and more dangerous criminal organization than even the DiMeras, and is working deep undercover in Europe to bring them down, and may not be back for another year or more. Bo's situation even precludes him from contacting friends and family, and a letter to Hope is the last known contact any Salemite has had with him.
Beginning September 2015, Bo is seen being held captive and tortured in a dirty prison, later revealed to be in Mexico. When Steve, with John's help, begins to track him down, he is moved to an equally filthy hospital-looking facility. Steve, John, and Victor uncover that Bo was working with Victor to help Dr. Salinas find a cure for Caroline's Alzheimer's-type condition, while also involved in an investigation that may or may not have involved the ISA which took him to northern Europe before being lured by a Britta Englund-lookalike to Mexico.
- ^ a b Days of our Lives Episode Rankings & Contract Changes: 1983. Jason 47. Retrieved on 2011-12-31.
- ^ Days of our Lives significant dates: Births: Off-screen. Retrieved on 2011-12-31.
- ^ a b Days of our Lives — Bios — Peter Reckell as Bo Brady. SoapOperaDigest.com. Retrieved on 2010-04-15.
- ^ Newcomb, Roger (2013-04-20). Today in Soap Opera History (April 20). We Love Soaps. Retrieved on April 20, 2013.
- ^ Robert Kelker Kelly Bio. Filmreference.com. Retrieved on 2010-04-15.
- ^ DAYS: Peter Reckell Exit News. Soap Opera Digest (2012-06-13). Retrieved on June 13, 2012.
- ^ Masters, Megan (2012-06-13). TVLine Items: Days Vet Peter Reckell to Exit, Breaking Bad Star's New Gig and More!. TVLine.com. Retrieved on June 13, 2012.
- ^ Peter Reckell Exits Salem Today. Soap Opera Digest. Soapoperadigest.com (2012-07-24). Retrieved on July 24, 2012.
- ^ http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/days-ep-ken-corday-confirms-stephen-nichols-and-peter-reckell-returning-for-series-50th-anniversary/2015/03/18/
- ^ Days of our Lives Episode Rankings & Contract Changes: 1987. Jason 47. Retrieved on 2011-12-31.
- ^ Days of our Lives Episode Rankings & Contract Changes: 1990. Jason 47. Retrieved on 2011-12-31.
- ^ a b Days of our Lives Episode Rankings & Contract Changes: 1992. Jason 47. Retrieved on 2011-12-31.
- ^ a b Days of our Lives Episode Rankings & Contract Changes: 1995. Jason 47. Retrieved on 2011-12-31.
- ^ About Days: About the Actors: Peter Reckkell. Soap Central. Retrieved on 2011-12-31.
- ^ Victor Kiriakis mentioned to Peggy that their son's birthdate was his passcode to his phone. September 3, 2015.
- ^ DAYS Daily Recaps Archive: The week of October 29, 2007. Soap Central. SoapCentral (November 2, 2007). Retrieved on February 5, 2013.
- ^ "Soap Opera Scenes", Boca Raton News, South Florida Media Company, August 5, 1983. Retrieved on February 5, 2013.
- ^ Days of our Lives — Bios — Peter Reckell as Bo Brady. NBC.com. Retrieved on 2010-04-15.
- ^ Get Episode Recaps & Previews - Days of our Lives - NBC. NBC. Retrieved on 27 October 2014.